Tuesday 17 September 2013

Researching My Genre

The most effective way of researching my genre is to look at the leading magazines in these genres (fashion/regional) which are Vogue and Cornwall Today. I will analyse the common conventions of 3 magazines in both of these genres in order to know what to include in the magazine that I will create.
As I am combining 2 genres, I have to make sure I am careful and include conventions that appear on both, which is slightly difficult as they are not similar genres at all which is clear by simply just glancing at the 2 different covers.


As regional magazines have a reputation to be slightly uninteresting and as they are not the most popular genre of magazine, I have to make sure that mine does not conform to these stereotypes as I want people to buy it. This contrasts with the fashion side of my magazine as fashion is one of the most popular genres so I have to make sure I do not make it any less 'cool' by applying a regional side to it.

1 comment:

  1. Lacking detail and scope remains basic but some focus on own product.

    ReplyDelete