Thursday 26 September 2013

Contents Construction


I started with a white A4 sheet on Photoshop and added my masthead using the text tool and enlarging it so that it spread across the width of the page. 


I then added the image that went with the main feature article of my magazine and made it big enough to cover the width of the page and so that it would be the largest image on the page.


After this, I added the headers for each section in my magazine (features, news & events, regulars and competitions) which means that it will be easy for the reader to find whichever article or feature they are looking for.


I then added the features of my magazine under the heading that they matched, including the name of the feature and the page number that they were on.


I then added finishing touches such as the number of this page and the page number that the main image's feature is on.

Final contents page:


I added 2 images to the contents page so that it matched conventions of real contents pages more effectively. I also made the area with the text in smaller and then moved my main image down to make room for my masthead so that it did not overlap the image and risk not being fully seen as previously, the masthead blended in with the main image slightly too much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment