Thursday 26 September 2013

Double Page Spread Construction


I started with a blank white document on Photoshop and added the page numbers to the bottom to give the effect that this is a real media product.


I then added the main image to the page, making it slightly overlap the centre line to add a unique feel and to challenge common conventions of real media products. I added an image of a woodland scene over the top of the main image and turned the opacity down so it can just slightly be seen over the model's face. I did this again, to add a unique feel to the feature spread. 


I then added the title of the article, making sure that it is in line with the top of the image. I made sure it was a colour that was already in my colour scheme so as to link each page of the magazine and billboard together to create a brand image meaning it is easier for the reader to feel a sense of familiarity and be aware that they go together. I also added the same image that I added to the main image to the background of the feature spread and again, turned down the opacity on the image to show a subtle hint of it and to make sure it was not too harsh and would risk making the text harder to read. 


I then added a subheading to my article as this was a common convention that I found in real media products when I analysed existing ones.

Final double page feature spread:


As you can see, I added the text to the article, making sure that the layout mimicked that of a real double page feature spread so that it gives the effect that this is a real media product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment