Wednesday 24 April 2013

Planning My Photoshoot

For my photoshoot I am going to make sure I follow the common conventions of other music magazine shoots. These are things such as lighting, poses, clothing etc.

My photo shoot is going to involve just one person as this is the type of image I want for the front cover of my magazine. My subject is going to hold a guitar as this is a strong, iconic object that represents rock music. The reason I chose the person I chose for the main image of my magazine is because he has a look that is common in the type of audience who will read my magazine. I tried not to be too stereotypical when choosing the mise en scene of my main image which was quite difficult but after doing some audience research I noticed that the kind of stereotype I chose to portray was actually not a stereotype, but the truth.

The equipment I plan to use on my photoshoot:
DSLR camera
A tripod
2 Guitars - Electric and Acoustic
Drum kit
Plain background
I chose these pieces of equipment because these are items I felt would look good in my images and would suit the theme of my magazine. I chose a plain background because after analysing generic magazine front covers I noticed that this looks better than a natural background.

Cast list -
I am using one male model in my photoshoot. I  feel like it would be better if I used more than one but this was not possible. I chose this particular person for my photoshoot as he has the looks that are common in people who like this genre and make this genre.

Clothing - These are the type of clothes I want my model to wear for the photoshoot as this is the type of clothing people in the rock music industry wear, and the type of clothing my target audience stereotypically wear.









No comments:

Post a Comment