Sunday 28 April 2013

Article Research + Draft Article

I researched articles from magazines of the same genre as the magazine I am creating, these are a few ideas that I got from articles I found that were the most similar to what I want my article/feature page to be like.


  • Interview - semi casual, makes a few jokes but has serious elements to it.
  • Informational - Information on artist, albums, life, tours etc.
  • Review of a concert
  • Guest post - Artist on the cover of my magazine writes a feature 
The article style I am going to create is an interview. This is because I feel this is the most likely article to be the main feature in a magazine of my genre and style.


James Gibson has taken the world by storm in the past year and has revealed
he has plans to completely take over the world this year. He has just released
his second studio album, Secrets (which actually does see James tell his listeners
some heart-felt and personal secrets!) and is now sat down with us in a swanky
hotel in Cornwall telling us even more secrets.

Natalie: So James, what are your views on the past year of your extremely
up and coming career?
James: Well it’s been amazing. I’ve played more festivals than I’ve ever been to in my life, I’ve met so many of my inspirations, I’ve gained more fans than I’d ever dreamt of so yeah, it’s been amazing.
N: You mentioned your fans, does it continue to baffle you just how dedicated they are?
J: Yeah definitely. I mean at every venue on my UK tour there were people camping in line and queuing for 12 hours, I have crowds of fans waiting outside for me to finish TV interviews, radio interviews etc, I’ve even had fans turn up at my house – god knows how they found my address!
N: Wow, dedication indeed. Let’s talk about your new album, Secrets. What’s the biggest secret you reveal on it?
J: Uh.. Hmm, that’s a hard question. Probably on the song ‘The Moon + The Stars’ where I talk about my bout of alcohol and drug problems that I had when I was hanging around with the wrong crowd when I was 15. I know it’s really cliché but I never tell anyone about this because I’m so ashamed and I mean, I just struggle. I nearly lost my dad because of it, I was failing school in the most important year, I don’t think anyone but my family knew about it until this record so.. Yeah.
N: That must have been difficult, well done for being brave enough to reveal that. A slightly easier question on its way – On your song ‘Castles’ you say the line “I’m 16 going on the end of my days” but you’re 22 now, does this mean you started writing when you were 16?
J: I actually started at about 13 and it’s weird because this is my second album so people probably wonder why I didn’t put this song on my first album; It was meant to go on it but the producer had different plans so it’s on this album instead and I think it suits Secrets better anyway because it kind of follows on from ‘The Moon + The Stars’.
N: What would you say is your favourite song on the album?
J: Either ‘Sandpit’ or ‘Indian Summer’. Just because ‘Indian Summer’ is an upbeat, happy song and I want to dance ever time I hear it and ‘Sandpit’ is at the other end of the spectrum being a strong ballad which I love to sing.
N: Yeah I love ‘Sandpit’ too [laughs]. So on a lighter note away from the album, what was the most embarrassing/funny thing you did on your last tour?
J: In the US leg of the tour we went to Atlantic City and ended up getting “mildly” drunk in the middle of the day. I didn’t do anything that wouldn’t be highly unusual on a night out but because it was in the middle of the day it seemed a lot worse. Basically, I stole a golf cart, drove it into the sea where it got stuck, called basically everyone on the beach over to help me, by which time I had taken the majority of my clothes off because I somehow thought that would make it easier to push the golf cart out of the sea and when I finally got it out I just fell flat on my face onto the sand and fell asleep for a bit. I have no idea where my friends were but yeah. I don’t think I’ll be going back to that beach anytime soon [laughs].
N: Oh dear, James! [laughs]. So just to wrap things up, do you have any message you want to give your fans?
J: Just thank you so so much, you’ve made my dreams come true, I’ll be on tour again very soon and er, don’t get drunk in Atlantic City in the middle of the day [laughs].

No comments:

Post a Comment