Wednesday 30 January 2013

Target Audience Research

Target Audience Research

After analysing my survey results I have realised I need to make sure I aim my magazine at both genders as both genders did my questionnaire. This means I can't use certain colours or images that will stereotypically only appeal to just one gender such as pinks or purples or images of cars. 

According to my survey results my target audience (11 - 19 year olds) want to see a range of articles. 100% of students want to see images of students, 33% want to see images of the school and 67% want to see news and information. 

When I asked what would liked to be seen on the front cover 100% of people said lots of images, 67% of people said info on the things inside and 33% of people said lots of bright/bold colours. This means I need to add a bit of each into the magazine.

I asked in my survey if people enjoy reading magazines so that I know whether it is a fair survey. For instance, if people do not like reading magazines in general they are not going to enjoy reading a college magazine however good it is. 67% of people said they do enjoy reading them and 33% said they do. 

After looking at my survey I realised I didn't ask many questions that were relevant to my study. Next time I will make sure my questions are more relevant and helpful. I think it's better to ask 5 really good questions than 20 not very good ones. I also could have done with giving more options for my participants to choose from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment