Wednesday 27 February 2013

Target Audience 2

Before planning my music magazine I need to do a series of studies to find out who the primary target audience will be. As Hall & Holmes once said: "Any media text is created for a particular audience and will usually appeal most to this particular target audience" (1998).

Knowing my target audience is very important because if I do not know them properly they will not be drawn to my product and it will not be successful.

There are a few ways I will categorise my audience. These are representation theory, social class and the uses and gratification theory.

The two main types of audiences magazine institutions which are mass audience and niche audience.
Mass Audience: These are large mainstream audiences who consume popular or mainstream culture (according to Marxists this audience is mainly made up of the 'working class').

No comments:

Post a Comment