Friday 28 June 2013

Masthead Ideas

Shapya - This means fashion in Cornish.
Ribbon - Because this is something that is associated with creating fashion/making clothes and it is quite girly which links with the boutique features that will be in my magazine as boutiques are also mainly for girls.
Boutique - I like this idea as it gets straight to the point and means that the 'consumer' will know exactly what my magazine is about, unlike Vogue and Company etc which could be about anything. I might have the word Cornwall underneath this so the audience know that this is the Cornwall edition of the magazine.
Beautique - This is an original idea as it is a mix up of 2 words, beauty and boutique. However I do not think I will be using it as it implies that my magazine is more about beauty rather than fashion.

I experimented on Photoshop to create a couple of masthead designs. This is the first one.

I typed one letter on its own layer each time and moved them closer together so that they overlapped slightly. I then adjusted the opacity so that you can see where the letters overlay and can see each letter.




After this I decided to use the eraser tool to slightly rub out the bottom half of each letter, except for the 'q' which I decided to leave normal as I thought it gave it a slight look of originality.






Others ideas I have created are:







































The 2 designs below are my favourite because they are simplistic and classy whilst still being unique. It may be the fact that I did these 2 on a black background which has made them stand out more but I also like the fonts I used and the way I have slightly embossed the letters. I am not entirely sure on my colour choices yet as I have not planned my front cover very much yet so it might turn out that these 2 colours do not work with the background image. The reason I chose these 2 colours is because grey is a neutral colour that goes with everything, can appeal to any age range and looks classy. Purple is a girly colour but not too overpowering like a bright pink.




















No comments:

Post a Comment