Friday 17 January 2014

Website Construction


  • To make my website, I first chose a template from http://www.webassist.com/dreamweaver-templates.
  • When I was happy that my choice would support the conventions that I wanted to include and would appeal to my target audience, I downloaded it. I chose to use a template instead of starting a website from scratch because I have no previous experience with creating websites so I felt I needed a starting point. 
  • I then had to make sure to put it in a separate folder on the computer so that when I went on to Dreamweaver and went on the files section to open it, I could do it with ease and not have to go searching through the computer to find it. 
  • When I had successfully opened the first page (I started with the homepage), I proceeded to change conventions on it to conventions that I liked and that I was sure my target audience would like. For example, I swapped images that came with the template with images that I took and that suited the content that went with the image. In order to make the image I wanted to use web-friendly, I put it into photoshop and then saved it as a JPEG on a medium resolution, instead of a high resolution so that it would successfully open and load on my site. I also changed the text from the template text, to the text that I wanted the website to say.
  • I then chose to edit the HTML coding slightly in order to change visual elements such as colours and layout on the page. For example, I wanted to change the colours on the website to match the colours that I used in my magazine and billboard to create a brand image and a sense of familiarity for the reader.
  • I followed these general steps until my homepage was complete as the only things I really needed to change was the colours, images, text and the layout slightly. I then followed these same steps to create my 2 linked pages which occurred successfully. 

2 comments:

  1. CONSTRUCTION POSTS all four construction posts show a proficient level of ICT and a basic level of drafting and planning in preparation for the final products. They all lack detail and scope to reach the higher level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overall in terms of your planning, I agree with Mr Bennet that your work demonstrates the following:
    • Planning and research evidence is complete.
    • There is proficient research into similar products and a potential target audience.
    • There is proficient work on shotlists, layouts and drafting.
    • There is proficient organisation of actors, locations, costumes or props.
    • Time management is good.
    • There is proficient skill in the use of digital technology or ICT in the presentation.
    • There are proficient communication skills.
    • There is a good level of care in the presentation of the research and planning.

    ReplyDelete